It’s (almost) time to get on the river! We are currently OPEN to Chaffee County residents only. We anticipate being open to everyone starting June 1st.
We are currently ONLY offering trips within Chaffee County; Browns Canyon, The Numbers, and Salida Valley. To Chaffee County residents ONLY.
There are restrictions and requirements set forth by the Chaffee County department of health. They WILL be followed, no discussion. As always, our main concern is your safety and the safety of all our guests and staff. Please be respectful of everyone and abide by these rules. Thank you.
- CHAFFEE COUNTY RESIDENTS ONLY – This is very important! For the next two weeks, until June 1st, we can ONLY take Chaffee County residents. PLEASE do not book a trip prior to June 1st if you are not a Chaffee County resident.
- The number of people in each raft will be restricted to the following: Up to four people plus a guide in a raft of mixed occupants. Up to six people plus a guide if they are all family members from the same household.
- Masks will be required while at the office and property, in vehicles, and at the put-in and take-out.
- Masks are NOT required once on the river.
- MASKS ARE NOT OPTIONAL.
- A daily am and pm health and safety log will record employee temperatures and health status. Symptomatic employees will not be allowed to work.
- All common areas, restrooms, changing areas, and vehicles will be sanitized after each use.
- PFDs (life jackets), helmets, wetsuits, splash gear, and booties, will be cleaned and sanitized after each use.
- Rafts and paddles will be sanitized after each use.
Some changes we’ve implemented for your safety.
- We have a contactless payment system in place for gear rental and other day of purchases.
- We have set up an online waiver system, so you will not have to handle paper and pens. A link to fill out and submit the waiver will be included with your reservation confirmation.
- For the Browns Canyon, Numbers, and Salida Valley trips you may meet us at our office located at 14825 US HWY 285 Salida, CO 81201, or meet us at the put-in. If you meet at the office we may require you to drive your vehicle to the put-in. Contact us to discuss options.
- The driver from each vehicle will be shuttled from the take-out to their vehicle and they can return and pick up the rest of their group. This will minimize contact between guests.
- Each participant will be provided a ziplock baggie for their mask, which will then go into a small dry bag for just masks. Each raft will carry their own dry bag. This way masks are available after the trip, or during if needed. You may bring your own baggie.
- Trips on Bighorn Sheep Canyon and the Royal Gorge will meet at the put-in/take-out. The driver will be shuttled back to their vehicle after the trip, and they will pick up their own group. (PLEASE NOTE: These trips take place in Fremont County, which has not finalized a plan for raft companies.)
We’ve adjusted our cancellation policy for the 2020 season as follows:
- There will be no charge for rescheduling or cancelling a trip, so long as it occurs more than 24 hours prior to the trip time.
- Any cancellation/rescheduling that occurs within the 24 hours will be charged the $10/person fee.
- No shows will not receive a refund.
The June 1st open date is tentative, and we will know more as we get closer. We will continue to keep you updated on any changes.