We are currently OPEN to everyone for whitewater rafting. There are some restrictions and guidelines we all must adhere to for the safety of everyone. Please be prepared to accept these requirements if you book a trip.
We are currently ONLY offering trips in the upper Arkansas River Valley; Browns Canyon, The Numbers, and Salida Valley. While Fremont County has also opened, with similar restrictions, we have decided to stay close to our home base of Salida for now. If you just really need that Royal Gorge fix now reach out to us and we’ll see what we can do.
Below are the restrictions and requirements set forth by the Chaffee County department of health. They WILL be followed, no discussion. As always, our main concern is your safety and the safety of all our guests and staff. Please be respectful of everyone and abide by these rules. They allow us to stay open and for you to come rafting. Most importantly it keeps everyone safe. Thank you.
- The number of people in each raft will be restricted to the following: Up to four people plus a guide in a raft of mixed occupants. Up to six people plus a guide if they are all family members from the same household.
- Masks will be required while at the office and property, in vehicles, and at the put-in and take-out.
- Masks are NOT required once on the river.
- MASKS ARE NOT OPTIONAL.
- A daily am and pm health and safety log will record employee temperatures and health status. Symptomatic employees will not be allowed to work.
- If you or anyone in your party feels unwell or has any of the following symptoms; fever, cough, shortness of breath, please leave the premises and contact your health provider.
- All common areas, restrooms, changing areas, and vehicles will be sanitized after each use.
- PFDs (life jackets), helmets, wetsuits, splash gear, and booties, will be cleaned and sanitized after each use.
- Rafts and paddles will be sanitized after each use.
Some changes we’ve implemented for your safety.
- We have a contactless payment system in place for gear rental and other day of purchases.
- We have set up an online waiver system, so you will not have to handle paper and pens. A link to fill out and submit the waiver will be included with your reservation confirmation.
- For the Browns Canyon, Numbers, and Salida Valley trips you may meet us at our office located at 14825 US HWY 285 Salida, CO 81201, or meet us at the put-in. If you meet at the office we may require you to drive your vehicle to the put-in. Contact us to discuss options. We will also reach out to you if you book at trip.
- The driver from each vehicle will be shuttled from the take-out to their vehicle and they can return and pick up the rest of their group. This will minimize contact between guests. We apologize for the inconvenience of extra driving, but we feel this is the best way to minimize contact and abide by the requirements.
- Each participant will be provided a ziplock baggie for their mask, which will then go into a small dry bag for just masks. Each raft will carry their own dry bag. This way masks are available after the trip, or during if needed. You may bring your own baggie.
We’ve adjusted our cancellation policy for the 2020 season as follows:
- There will be no charge for rescheduling or cancelling a trip, so long as it occurs more than 24 hours prior to the trip time.
- Any cancellation/rescheduling that occurs within the 24 hours will be charged the $10/person fee.
- No shows will not receive a refund.
- All other simulations of our cancellation policy remain the same.
Thank you all so much for your understanding and cooperation during these unique and difficult times. If we all work together we will eventually be able to begin lifting restrictions.
By the way, the rivers coming up and it’s a super fun level. We call it the LOVE level. Because everything’s getting big and fun, but not too mean. It’s the perfect time for a MONUMENTAL adventure on the Arkansas River. We’ll see you soon. Take care and be well.